Technical Organic Chemistry C, 10 p
The course gives information regarding the production of important raw products
for the organic chemical industry, polymeric materials, pulp and paper chemistry
and pharmaceutical chemistry.
The practical part of the course includes:
Compulsory laboratory experiments are included in the course.
- Application of experimental design
- Pulp production
- High pressure hydrogenation
- Photochemical processes
- Flash vacuum pyrolysis
- The synthesis of pharmacologically interesting compounds.
- A smaller project is also included.
Course Dates 1998/99
- This course is normally given annually. The course will, however, not be given during the study year 1996/97, due to a restructuring of the study programme for which this course has been developed.
Other Advanced Level Courses in Organic Chemistry
For more information, contact the principal teacher of the course, by clicking on the e-mail address
or by sending a traditional letter to:
Umeň University, Department of Chemistry, S-901 87 Umeň, Sweden.
You can also contact the Department of Chemistry by
Phone: int+46 90 7865238/7865173/7865262, or Fax: int+46 90 136310/167655
Department of Chemistry Home Page
This document was last updated on April 7, 1998.
Comments on this page should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org